Friday, February 11, 2011

Ethan is THREE!!!!!!!

Holy cow, I can't believe Ethan will be three on Monday. He's like a real person now! (not a toddler...)

What Ethan's up to these days...
He's really into singing right now, his favorite songs being When We All Get to Heaven, YMCA, Deep and Wide, and several Christmas songs (still). He's recently started liking drawing a lot, and can actually draw stuff! He can draw faces (he loves to include ears and eyebrows), and likes to draw lots of lines. He enjoys drawing with markers, using a MagnaDoodle, on a whiteboard, and also his Etch-a-Sketch. He's become quite the Etch-a-Sketcher...I love watching his tiny little hands maneuver the knobs to make his creations - so cute!
Ethan's really into dancing right now. It absolutely cracks me up because he has NO moves, just like his sad parents. ;)
Ethan loves to be independent - putting on his own clothes, socks, shoes, and even buttoning his own pajamas (his newest feat).
He still loves all things boy - building with blocks, playing trains/cars, playing football with Daddy.
He is so stinkin' smart! (of course, being a teacher, you KNOW I'm going to make sure he's ready for school!) His newest talents are counting to 49, rhyming, and writing 1/2 his name (E and t are so easy, h-a-n, not so much!). Ethan cracks me up with rhyming. I'll ask him what rhymes with cat. He'll say "hat, bat, sat, fat, Sooey, Mater." I'll ask him what rhymes with dog, he'll say "frog, log, hog, Sooey, Mater." He knows they don't rhyme, but he also knows it's funny. (Sooey is his stuffed Razorback.)
He is Mr. Manners. We rarely have to remind him to say please or thank you, and he usually will say random things like 'Thank you for making me dinner, Mommy!" Awwwww...makes me happy!
He is still soooo sweet with Eli. He enjoys teaching him how to do new things and how to play with different toys.
Ethan is just overall an amazing kid. We were blessed to have an amazing year with him in his two's. No 'terrible twos' for us, thankfully! Sure, he had his moments here and there, but nothing like I worried about! I can't wait to see what happiness and laughter he brings us in the upcoming year.

Ethan will be having his first big birthday party tomorrow at Gymboree. Woopee! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post them soon. And of course, Monday's the big day for my little Valentine! (I wonder how long until he hates that his birthday is on Valentine's???)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET BOY!!!

No comments: