Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
We've also wondered if Ethan had another ear infection, and the doctor said his ears didn't look good, but they weren't quite ear infections. (maybe in our future?)
SOOOOOO... let's pray that this new allergy medicine will help and Mr. Crankypants can become my sweet boy again!
Ethan's 15 month stats:
Weight: 26 pounds (70th percentile)
Height: 31.5 inches (60th percentile)
What Ethan's up to these days:
- Climbing! He can independently climb up the rock wall on our playset, independently climb up the stairs of our deck, and is getting pretty good at going down the steps using the rails, but he still needs an extra hand to hold onto.
- Talking - no huge gains, but is starting to repeat words a little more. Words he's repeated - Grandma, Grandpa, diaper, water, Keira, amen. Words he actually says on his own - ball, Mama, Dada, moo (new one!), uh-oh, thank you, no-no. (Not a huge talker, as you can see!)
- Playing hide and seek, peekaboo, and doing ANYTHING outside - the boy loves the outdoors!
- Cleaning up - he will now help pick up bath toys after his bath and his other toys before bedtime. Yea!
- Sorting shapes - we have one of those shape sorters, and he can put the shapes in almost independently! Sometimes he needs help knowing where to put them, but if I point to it, he can put it in all by himself.
- Recognizing people - he knows most of the important people in our lives. He can't say their names, but if I ask "Where's Aunt Rachel?" he'll turn and look until he finds her. People I know for sure that he recognizes - us, of course, Rachel, Curt, Cade, Keira, Dustin, Joanna, Lexi, Logan, Grandma, Grandpa.
- Dieting - ha! That's my positive spin on him not eating well. Some days, the boy wouldn't eat a thing if it weren't for cereal bars and raisins. Other days, he scarfs down whatever we give him. I've learned it's really not about what we feed him, it's more about his attitude at the moment.
- Testing the limits - whew! We've learned he doesn't care about the words "no-no." Let's just say we've had some very frustrating moments at our house lately! Mainly at feeding times - he loves to throw food on the floor, pound on his tray, and spit out food. It's soooo hard, because I think you all know how much I want our children to be well-mannered, kind children (because of all the kids I have at school that are NOT that way!). I just didn't think we'd be dealing with this kind of stuff so soon! I also thought that I would know what to do when stuff like this happens, and I don't! But we'll make it...
I guess that's about it. We're gearing up for lots of fun this summer! Public library, Gymboree, pool, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Ethan has finally figured out how to TRULY splash in the bathtub. He's splashed before, but nothing like this! This video was taken after he had already been vigorously splashing and laughing hysterically for at least 5 minutes, so he's starting to slow down a bit. But it's still funny! (It's a little long, so don't feel like you have to watch the whole thing!)
Monday, May 11, 2009
P.S. Mom's not that happy about the allergies you gave her, either.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Check out Rachel's blog later for pictures of Keira in action. During the actual recital, I did the video on my camera and Rachel took the pictures with hers.