Monday, December 29, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
It's being going quite well! We still let him use it when he sleeps, so I know we haven't truly conquered the paci, but we've won half the battle! I don't really think he's even noticed it's gone. I've missed the paci on a few loud car rides, I'll have to admit, though. But I didn't give in! We've been paci-free for 4 days now!
What a sweet face!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I think I'm going to have to give up on his monthly picture. Now that he's mobile, it is next to impossible to get him to lay down long enough to take a picture. But the pictures I got crack me up! It shows exactly how this photo shoot went:
- he's started eating table food (we were reluctant on that!)
- he currently prefers to feed himself table food than to be fed baby food on a spoon
- likes to push things around on the ground, especially books
- likes to dance to music
- uses the sign for 'more' when prompted
- he's back to spitting while eating (I'm guessing because he doesn't seem to want baby food anymore)
- likes to walk with his push toy
- crawling everywhere
- playing with doorstops
- opening drawers and cabinets
- sleeping all night
- will walk while holding onto our hands
- still loves his exersaucer - bounces like crazy!
- likes to pull down all his books (he looks like he's in a library selecting books)
- drinks juice from sippy cup
- he's so snuggly!
It's been a great ten months! I can NOT believe he will be a year old soon!!!!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
I know this picture is all blurry, but I thought it was cute how Ethan was looking up at the cow:
The good one:
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Blogger is being weird and won't let me post all these videos together, so I have to do them all separately.
Ethan is doing so many fun things these days. Thought I'd share a few videos to show what he's been up to. (I have another one I'll put up later - it won't work right now)
Although Ethan's been clapping for awhile now, he's finally learned how to actually make a sound with his hands, which he thinks is pretty cool. He claps A LOT these days.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
While Lonnie and I were out on a date Friday night, Ethan decided to have his first accident. Dustin, Joanna, and Lexi were watching him. He was standing at his little activity table and somehow fell onto it, cutting open his chin. But I think he was a trooper! Joanna said he only cried for a few seconds. But it sure did look pretty yucky when we got him up this morning...
So, this is the beginning. I'm sure we will have plenty of broken bones, scrapes, and bloody noses, knees, elbows, etc. in our future!
Thanks to Aunt Jo, Uncle Dustin, and cousin Lexi for playing with Ethan so we could enjoy some time away!