Sunday, May 15, 2011

Demolition Derby

Ethan's been talking for a LOOOONG time about the Demolition Derby. Basically since the last one last fall. For some reason my 3 year old boy loves watching cars crash. Hmmmmm...

Anyway, we had planned on bringing Eli to his first ever Demolition Derby, but it was shockingly cold for mid-May so we left him with my parents. (LOVE that they live here now, by the way!!!!!!)

Ethan has been to 4 or 5 Demolition Derbies before and the sound never bothered him before, but it sure did this time!!!! He sat with his hands over his ears most of the time, but still enjoyed it. About halfway through, he whispered in my ear, "Mommy, I need a little song. Will you sing to me?" Awwwwwwwww! So in the middle of the chaos I sang Rockabye Baby. Too funny.

As we got in the car this morning, he says, "Maybe we can go to the Demolition Derby!!??" And the countdown begins for the next one...








Sneaking some of Uncle Dustin's funnel cake:




They actually let us down on the 'field' after it was all over and we got a close look at the crashed cars. Too bad it was sooooooo late and we were all too tired to really get into it.