Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting Close!!!

The back patio is done!




I LOVE the stairs that go all the way across. I can visualize a lot of kids sitting on the steps, eating lunch when we have friends over, or playing on the steps, etc.



Okay, I was really disappointed in how this came out, but what can you do? We didn't think we were going to be able to be there when they were pouring the slab, so we had to do a concrete block before with our handprints in it, then set it in as they are pouring the whole slab. It looks a little yucky, but that's okay!


The kitchen is coming along. Appliances were put in today, and the lights are done in the whole house except for the light that goes above the island. We finally have power in the house, so I've enjoyed walking around the house, turning every light switch on and off. There's so many...it's going to take me a long time to remember what switch does what!






LOOOOOOOVE my dining room! It turned out better than I dreamed!


























This last picture's a little silly, but it's the little things in life that make us smile, right? Well I love the closet under the stairs!!! Oh, the stuff I will put in there! Suitcases, brooms, mops, vacuum, jackets. Ethan LOVES this closet, too. He will be very sad when he realizes how much stuff I'm going to put in there.


The timeline is still mid-November for moving in, but we're thinking and hoping it will be sooner. Things left to do: driveway, yardwork, carpet, wood floors, blinds, touch up paint, cleaning.

No comments: