Thursday, August 23, 2007

Latest Doctor Visit

We went to the doctor on Monday and got a great report. We got to hear the heartbeat, which is just amazing - and a nice reminder that there really is a baby in there (it still doesn't seem real sometimes). She said the heartbeat was in the 150's, which is good. We go back in 4 weeks, and then again 2 weeks later. That visit will be the fun one - find out if it's a girl or a boy, and check all the anatomy to make sure everything is normal.

Now here's my question...
Several people at work are now convinced that we're having a girl after I told them the heartrate, since girls are supposed to have higher heartrates than boys. But Rachel says that's jibberish. Did anyone else out there in the blogging world experience a faster heartrate with a girl than a boy? Leave a comment...I'd really like to know.

Other news...
  • I've almost survived my first week of school. We started on Monday, and it has been a LONG week! I can't get over how tired I am by 3:00 (well, by lunch, if I'm being honest). Needless to say, I've been going to bed very early this week! Poor Lonnie, I feel like I'm abandoning him!
  • Surprise, surprise - still no computer. It is now on it's way back to Compaq for the THIRD time. Each time they return it, it's in the same condition as when we mailed it the first time. So Lonnie bought a used laptop from a guy at work, and we feel like we're living the high life again - actually having computer/internet/email access at our fingertips!
  • Keira is TWO years old today! Happy birthday, Goosey! We love you!

3 comments:

Grubb Family said...

Well, I don't have much to say that I couldn't say in the near daily conversations with you, but here I am leaving a comment so you don't feel neglected. I'm curious to see how many people belive in teh heartrate business. I personally am a stronget believer in the ring on a hair voodoo myself. We'll have to try that one sometime soon!

Nicole said...

JIBBERISH! Both my kids had SLOW heartrates (both were always around 136-138. Now the whole craving meat it's a boy and hating meat is a girl.. that was me! As was the sweet versus salty test... Who knows! Can't wait to hear the results...

Lela Kay said...

Hey there! I'm Nicole's friend and found your blog via hers. I got interested in your entry and thought I'd share my 2 cents, for what it's worth! I don't believe in too much either, BUT, that being said, both of my girls had high heart rates (even the doc mentioned she thought they were girls based on that fact). I carried high with both as well, yet another "sign" of girls! Who knows. God bless as you enjoy this special time in the life of a married couple! Oh, and for something as a bonus: I had horrible heartburn both times, and both my girls had TONS of hair at birth, what some say is the cause of preggo heartburn!