Saturday, August 4, 2007

We have a heartbeat! (and only one!)

This is long overdue, but here goes...

We had our first ultrasound last Monday and found out everything looks good! We got to see baby's heartbeat, and watch him wiggle around a lot. He was about an inch long then, but according to "the baby books," by next week (which is the end of my first trimester) baby should be almost 3 inches long!

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I went through a period of about 2-3 weeks where I had some lovely EVENING sickness. It would start around 4pm (oddly enough around the time that Lonnie gets home) and last until I went to bed. The third week was better, where the nausea didn't hit until around 8 or 9pm. The last week has been pretty good - I've only felt nauseous once or twice. Yeah!

I desperately want to post the ultrasound pictures, I just need to find someone with a scanner. So hopefully I can do that in the next week.

And for all your curious minds...
The computer is still winning our battle. We received the computer back from the company on Tuesday. I got my hopes up, thinking I'd be able to get online, but no such luck. Still no keyboard or mouse. They pretty much didn't fix a thing. So now we're waiting for them to mail us another box, so we can send it back to them, for them to NOT fix it again, and send it back to us, and the vicious cycle will go on and on...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Ok, so you're calling the baby "him". Is that because you know or just what you think?

I'm so glad to hear that the baby looks healthy and you're feeling a little better.

When does school start for you? Kids start the 20th here, but I officially have to be there the 16th...of course I'll work on my classroom long before that! :)