Monday, May 11, 2009

Dear Grandpa Willis...

Why did you have to pass on your allergies to me? I'd rather not have puffy, red, runny eyes! I look like I'm crying all the time, but I'm not! And I don't like the drippy nose and constant sneezing. But it's okay, Grandpa...I still love you!

Love,
Ethan

P.S. Mom's not that happy about the allergies you gave her, either.

This picture does NOT truly capture how miserable Ethan looks. He's had red, puffy, watery eyes all weekend, but I almost didn't recognize him when I picked him from daycare today. His eyes were so swollen! The ladies at daycare said he was not himself today at all. After getting a quick consult from nurse/soon-to-be pharmacist Aunt Rachel, we headed to the pharmacy to get some allergy medicine. Hopefully that will kick in soon!
(Oh, and of course he also fell and whacked his head on the concrete this evening and got a HUGE goose egg, so he REALLY looks like a mess now!)

3 comments:

Grubb Family said...

Poor Ethan...I think what you need is a date with Aunt Rach! Oh wait...you get to have one tomorrow!! Can't wait to spend the day with you buddy. Hope the drugs kick in tonight and block all those histamine receptors so you feel peachy tomorrow. Love ya!!

Grandpa Willis said...

Sorry Ethan ... Grandpa l-o-v-e-s giving presents to his grandkids, but NOT allergies. I know how miserable you feel right now.

Margaret said...

Ha! It's okay Grandpa...
Now what about those other gifts you were talking about???