Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was so excited to get to go to Indiana to see my family for Thanksgiving this year. In just one easy trip, I get to see my mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, two aunts, two uncles, four cousins, two cousins-in-law, one brother, one sister-in-law, one niece, and one nephew. And of course the Grubbs were with us, so add them in there, too. Well worth the trip!
We left Tuesday night at bedtime and drove all night. Not a great trip thanks to Ethan, but we survived. We were there Wed-Friday, then left Saturday morning. The drive home was MUCH better (aside from the hour 'break' we got when the keys got locked in the van at a gas station).
It was so great to spend time with my family, since we don't get to see them very often. Ethan warmed up pretty quick to everyone and we all had a great time!
I've learned I don't do very good at taking pictures on trips like these. Sure, I took plenty of pictures, but I didn't make sure that I got pictures of everyone. I'll do better next time!

The stairs were a hot spot for activity - you'll see in all these pictures...



We had a professional photographer come to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving afternoon so we could get the WHOLE clan. The last time we had a whole group picture was 2001, and we've added 3 husbands and 5 1/2 kids since then, so it was time for an update. Ethan did HORRIBLE during the photo shoot, so I can only imagine how the pictures will turn out. But....it was documented that we were all there together, and that's what matters, right? At least Ethan looks handsome, even though he didn't act very good.

Seriously, just look at that face! I know I'm biased, but is he not the most handsome little boy in the world?????

Mom and Dad with their 5 grandkids! (I decided NOT to stick my belly in the picture to show Grandbaby #6!)




Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with those that you love!

No comments: