Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I have been looking forward to this day for about 10 months now. It's finally here!!!! I have been plotting and scheming to pull off the BEST Father's Day gift ever for my man. It has been soooo hard to keep it a secret.
Are you dying to know yet????

Sooooo... Rachel and I did a combo gift this year. If you know our husbands well, you know Lonnie is a HUGE Ohio State fan and Curt is a HUGE Michigan fan. And of course when they play each other each year, it is a big to-do and lots of fun for them to tease and pick on each other as guys do. Every year they say how cool it would be for them to actually go to a game together, but they knew it would probably never happen. WRONG!!!! We got them tickets to the game!!!! Woohoo! It worked out perfectly - they're playing each other the Saturday after Thanksgiving in Columbus, which is not far from my Grandparents house. So we can spend the holiday with the family up there then the boys can drive up to the game on Saturday.
I love it!!!

Here's the only picture I got as they were opening their gift - it's all blurry, but my camera died after the first picture, so I have nothing else to show. Boo. Check out Rachel's blog - she's got GREAT pictures of it.


The other part of Lonnie's Father's Day gift was that we went to a Naturals game with the Benders and Thibodeaux. Despite the warm (HOT) temperatures, it was actually a ton of fun. Peyton and Ethan had a BLAST, and the whole row in front of us was empty so we could spread out. Every Sunday is Kids Day, too, so we got vouchers for a free hotdog, chips, and a drink for each child. Can't beat that! Luckily I charged the camera at naptime so I at least got some pictures at the game.







1 comment:

Lonnie said...

Uh,,,Yeah best Fathers Day ever!!!