Sunday, September 23, 2007

Doctor Visit Update

We went back to the doctor on Wednesday and everything looked great! The baby's heart rate was in the 140's this time, and my doctor made PERFECTLY clear that heart rate and gender are NOT connected! It was funny...I got about five words out of that question, and she already started rolling her eyes and saying "no, no, no..." I guess she's heard that before! :) She said that the heart rate changes with the baby's activities, so depending what he's doing, his heart rate may be higher or lower.

We scheduled the ultra sound day - October 4! It will be nice to know whether it's a boy or girl, but I really just want to know if everything looks okay. So....just a week and a half. And the best part is, we get to leave work early! 2:45 is the latest they could schedule it (unfortunately, it's less than a mile from my school, so I really only get to leave 5 minutes before the bell rings).

I forgot to blog this important happening...
I felt the baby move! It happened for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I read that starting around 16 weeks, it was possible, but it's usually more like 20 weeks before you can really start to feel anything, especially if it's your first child. So, right at 16 weeks, I started trying to pay attention to it. I learned that if I lay down, with no noise what so ever, and concentrate, then I could feel the baby moving around. It's so amazing - there really is a person in there! Lonnie was hoping he could put his hand on my belly and feel it, but I'm afraid it'll be several more weeks before we get a kick that strong!

I guess that's all that's happening for now....

We'll be sure and post next Thursday and let you know if we have a little princess or a football player!

7 comments:

Mom said...

Margaret and Lonnie,

What great news that everything is going well with the pregnancy. Feeling the baby move already is so exciting for you I'm sure. It brings back many memories for me. We will be anxiously waiting to hear if you are indeed having a girl as you suspect. You'll be happy with a boy or girl I'm sure.

I thought of a girl's name I really liked. Lois Marie Lamp (M is for Margaret). Lois as in Timothy's grandmother, a woman of sincere faith. II Timothy 1:5

Have a great week and before you know it you will be decorating the nursery in the right color. (You can't go wrong with yellow).

Lots of love,

Margaret said...

Mom! Welcome to the blogging world! That's a big step...
I think reality is setting in (the odds of us are having a boy are just too great), so we've been working really hard on a boy name. But no luck! I like the idea of having an L name, but can't find any we like that aren't already taken. :)

Crystal_King said...

Hello Margaret! That's wonderful news that everything is going well for you and you can feel your baby move! Not much longer and we'll know if you'll have a baby boy or girl! I can't wait to hear the good news!

I've felt my baby move as well too! I'm 16 weeks today! It's so exciting and it's a feeling like nothing else I've ever had before. I'm sure you're feeling the same way! I can't wait until our husbands get to feel a strong kick! Take care of yourself and I'll be talking to you!

Nicole said...

I know your appt probably is just ending but I can't help check every 10 minutes to see if you posted... can't wait to hear about Baby Lamp!
love ya!

Margaret said...

sorry Nicole...the appointment is NEXT Thursday. I'll post as soon as possible when we get home next week.

Nicole said...

ah.. haha... guess I'm just an anxious aunt. Time and calendar are all messed up after being gone for 9 days. Thanks for letting me know..

love ya and miss you

Parker LOVED his puzzle and book by the way. You did good as usual)That puzzle is fun! Ok, it was fun the first 5 times... now it is getting a bit monotonous... I'll send you a pic here in a minute of the finished project.

Nicole said...

Can I just say Thursday cannot get here soon enough. These things excite me sooo much. Are you this excited about finding out the baby's sex? Or am I the just overly zealous about these things?

love ya and miss you~