Thursday, October 4, 2007

Drumroll please...

It's a...
BOY!!!!

The ultrasound went well - heartrate was 144; brain, heart, kidneys, etc. looked great! He didn't move around much, but was in a position that didn't allow us to see a whole lot. We basically got to look down at the top of his head, and see his legs, which were crossed at the ankle. His hands were in front of his face most of the time, so we never got to see much of his face. I think he's showing his Willis qualities already - laid back and bashful.

So I guess little Lucy Lamp wasn't meant to be this time...maybe next time around. We're starting to stress a little about a name. We like the idea of an L name, but there aren't many we like. I like Levi, but Lonnie has a cousin named Levi. I've had many people suggest Landon. It's on the 'okay' list for now. Basically we have nothing on the 'good' name list, one on the 'okay' list, and hundreds on the 'never in a million years' list. So, if you have any good suggestions, let me know (just don't be offended if I shoot it down).

We got two pictures from the ultrasound, but I won't get to download them until Sunday. So check back then!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Whoo-Wheeee!!!! You will LOVE having a BIG brother first! It's very cool and sooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo glad everything went well. Thanks for posting quickly.... I was ready to call you:)

A name will come.. don't worry~

lov eto all!

Nicole said...

I think names are a very personal thing but here are some just to throw out there...definitely no offense taken if they are all shot down:) L is tough for a boys name

Logan
Lex
Luke
Lucas
Louis
Lewis
Liam
Letch

Margaret said...

Thanks to the Lamps, we can cross out three of those! Lonnie's nephews are Logan and Lexi (his brothers' kids), and his cousin's son's name is William, but they call him Liam. Funny, huh? Now you see why we're having such a hard time...

Nicole said...

haha... and quite honestly those were my top 3... yup you have your work cut out for you:)

Nicole said...

Another "L" name I just heard tonite....

LeLand

Angela said...

Congratulations Margaret! I have an 18 month old who is ALL BOY! He is so much fun! I am excited for you, but you have already shot down the L names that were on our list - Logan and Landon. We ended up with Braden- go figure! Take care and keep us updated! Oh by the way- I got to your blog thru Tiffany in case you were wondering...

Crystal_King said...

Congrats Lonnie and Margaret!!! I'm SOOO happy for the both of you! I've been counting down the days to log in and see your results! How excited you must be! L names, hmmmmm, I'll definitely have to think on that one! Names are so hard to actually find one you like enough to call your baby forever! What about Lance or I've even heard London that I kind of like. Well, we're so happy for the two of you! Have fun buying your BLUE! :)

Grubb Family said...

Caden is so excited he's going to have a boy cousin since I think I've finally convinced him that Mommy is not going to have a brother for him. You know where I stand on the name issue. I'm going to keep throwing them out there until you find one you like. It's my mission!!! Should I list a few for everyone else to think on? They're not L names because, face it, that's not going to happen without repeating another Lamp's name.

Brody
Gabe
Keegan
Mason
Grayson

Just to name a few. I'll keep adding as I come up with more!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! You know how I feel about boys...they're the best!! When I was expecting Zeke, Levi wanted to name him Lazarus ("because he was Jesus' best friend"). It's an L name! By the way, my middle name is Leigh, and Lonnie's great grandfather's middle name was Lee.
Love you much!

Tiffany said...

Congrats, Margaret and Lonnie! I'm so excited for you. Now you can start planning. I'm sure the name will come soon.