Thursday, November 15, 2007

Doctor Visit

We had our monthly check up yesterday and everything went well. My doctor got called away on a delivery, so I ended up seeing another doctor instead (who is MY doctor's husband!). This was probably good, since she'll be out on maternity leave (she's pregnant with twins) starting at the end of Dec., so I would have ended up seeing him anyway while she's out.

I was able to tolerate the yucky glucose drink better than I expected. It really is not as bad as everyone says. Don't get me wrong, it's not good by any means, but I never felt like throwing up! (So don't worry, Crystal!) The doctor said no news is good news, so if I don't hear anything in the next few days, I guess no gestational diabetes for me!

We've reached the point where we start going to see the doctor every 3 weeks rather than four. Just another reminder of how close this baby is to coming! Yikes! It seems like there's still so much to do! (like picking a name, maybe????)

We'll be traveling to southern Indiana next Tuesday for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll have so good pictures to post when we get back. AND...we should be going for a 4D Ultrasound in the next couple of weeks, so that'll give us some more great pictures.

1 comment:

Crystal_King said...

I'm so glad your appt. went well! I'm also very relieved that the drink wasn't as bad as it's made out to be. I'm nervous about choking it down! I have a very sensitive gag reflex lately! I was also suprised to hear that you now will see the Dr. every 3 weeks instead of 4. It's crazy how fast time is going for us isn't it? It's probably because we're both so busy! I have SO much to do as well! We have no name yet either and haven't even started on the nursery! All we have so far is our crib which is a good start I guess!

Oh, I talked to Aunt Betty yesterday and I'm so sad I'll miss you at Thanksgiving! You have a VERY safe trip and enjoy the holiday!!!