Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's like the night before Christmas...

Okay....
As most of you know, I am very patiently (ha!) waiting on the scores for my National Boards, which I completed last March. I just found out that the scores are going to be posted at 8:00 in the morning!!!!!! This is a whole week earlier than it was supposed to be, and a month earlier than we actually thought it would be (last year it was Dec. 13 before they released the scores, so we figured they'd be late again this year).
I am freaking out! I know there is no point stressing about it - I either passed, or I didn't, and no matter how much I stress about it, it won't change that fact. But still....there is NO way I'm going to be able to sleep tonight!

I just have to keep reminding myself that this is supposed to be a THREE year process; some people just happen to pass the first year. The passing rate is only 34% the first year, so I'm trying to keep that in mind. But I'd rather just pass the first year and not have to do any more work!

For those of you that don't know...National Boards is a VERY rigorous process that teachers voluntarily go through. It takes a year to complete, and involves turning in a portfolio containing several essays (15-17 pages in length each!), video tapes of your teaching, and taking a big test at a computer testing center. It is a three year process, but even after three years, only 75% of teachers actually pass. If you do pass, along with the prestige of the title, you are certified in all 50 states, and you get a nice monetary reward each year for the 10 year certification.

So....say a prayer for me! I want to pass so bad, but I need prayers that if I don't, I can handle the stress of having to start writing, studying, and videotaping again, on top of the stress of being pregnant.

I hope to post some good news tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

we're praying... it's all good no matter the outcome! Love you Margaret and baby~

Crystal_King said...

Wow! I'll be praying for you! You know, you should be celebrating already, because to me it sounds like you've already put so much hard work into this test and no matter what the results are you need to celebrate your accomplishments at this point! Making a passing score will just be icing on the cake! Good luck to you and keep us posted!!!!