Sunday, October 19, 2008

CAMP'N

Every October we go to Devil's Den for camping with a group of our friends. It's of course a little different this year with babies involved! I was pretty nervous about the whole trip because the forecast was calling for some pretty cold weather at night. Luckily, Kenny's parents just bought a new camper and they were willing to let us share it for the weekend. So, how'd it go????

Great and miserable, all at the same time. Ethan did great during the daylight hours. He played, we took lots of walks, he talked a lot, he enjoyed watching the fire, he took great naps, etc. And then nightime comes. He went to bed at 7pm like normal, and slept great. I got him up around 9:30 for his bottle like normal, and he ate great. But then he would NOT go back to sleep. We had bunk beds, so I was going to sleep on the bottom with Ethan, and Lonnie was going to sleep up top. Well, since we have never let Ethan sleep in bed with us, he thought it must be party time to have us in his room at bedtime. He'd fall asleep in my arms, but when I'd go to lay him down, he'd scream. I'd pick him up, he'd fall asleep, lay him down, scream. Repeat about 10 times. Finally at 1am, we decided to go home. That was a LONG hour drive! Thank goodness Lonnie can drive without falling asleep. I can't say the same for myself.

Ethan slept fine at home, we got up in the morning and went back to the campsite around 10am. We had a great day, but then Ethan and I left around 7pm to head back home. I wasn't going to go through that again! Since Lonnie is the one that puts the trip together each year, he stayed at the campsite and should be back this afternoon. It was weird being at church without him this morning! I felt like half of me was missing! Anyway, here are WAY too many pictures:
(I particularly enjoy watching the change of bibs every few pictures - I think we went through at least 10 on Saturday. He is SOOOO drooly!)





Story time with Aunt Rachel...

The men doing really important things...


Look at that hat head!!!!
Okay, I knew they made hats for babies, but I didn't know you could buy mittens and scarves for babies too! Thank you JCPenny!!!! Too cute!



2 comments:

Joanna said...

What a doll!!! He is so fun to watch. I can't wait to keep him next weekend! Auntie Jo loves you Ethan!!

Crystal_King said...

Awwww, I just wanna squeeze him! I love his so cute cuddly outfit! What a handsome boy! Although the night time was rough, it looks like you guys had a really fun time! We sure miss you three! Yes, we really need to get together again and let the boys play. I still can't believe how old they're getting already!