Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Paci-free Ethan

We've decided the time has come. I didn't really want him to use a pacifier past a year, which, holy cow, is only a month and a half away!!!!! I figured since I'm home the next two weeks, now is the perfect time, rather than waiting til February and making his daycare ladies do it.
It's being going quite well! We still let him use it when he sleeps, so I know we haven't truly conquered the paci, but we've won half the battle! I don't really think he's even noticed it's gone. I've missed the paci on a few loud car rides, I'll have to admit, though. But I didn't give in! We've been paci-free for 4 days now!


What a sweet face!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the big deal with him having a paci after 1 year old anyway?????

He's a baby!!!!!!!

Haley said...

Your friendly speech pathologist says, "Woo hoo! Way to go!" Hang in there!

Margaret said...

Ha! Thanks, Haley, for your ENCOURAGEMENT! Now if I just had a dentist friend that could give her input, too! :)

Haley said...

I could send you pictures of my niece who had her paci until she was 3. No dentist could contest what that paci did to her teeth! Hope it's going well. We went cold turkey at 10 months. We called it paci rehab. It's on my blog - I think February or March 2007. I didn't think I would survive, but it took less than a week. Hang in there...you'll make it!