Sunday, June 28, 2009

16 months

I realize I'm waaaaay late for this, but it's been a busy week or two, so I'm trying to play catch-up now.



Ethan has REALLY blossomed this past month. Especially his speaking skills and his personality. I just can't believe all that he's learned in such a short amount of time!

Ethan at 16 months:


  • New words this month: baa (for a sheep), meow, quack, roar!, water, up (pronounced either uppy, or buppy, with a high pitched squeal at the end), baby, Papa (his attempt at Grandpa), poopy, banana ("nana")
  • New signs: again, bird

  • He is SOOOO into music. Favorite songs right now: Wheels on the Bus, If You're Happy and You Know It. He dances at the sound of almost any music.

  • He's become Mr. Personality. He will finally smile and wave at people he doesn't know - a HUGE step for him! He used to shy away from any unfamiliar person (either by nuzzling up close to me or hiding behind my legs). He's starting to participate more in group activities at Gymboree.

  • Still LOVES to read! Book after book after book after book after book...

  • Running!

  • Soooo ticklish!

  • Still LOVES to be outside!

  • Climbing! He's mastered climbing on top of our bed (which is really tall), the dining room chairs (which are tall, again), and well, pretty much everything else. I guess the only thing left is climbing out of his crib - don't even want to think about that!

  • Ethan's dislikes: potatoes of ANY form, eggs of ANY form, ants/bugs, changing his diaper (plays the crawling away game), sleeping past 6am

Well, I guess that's all I can think of. Love that sweet boy!

No comments: