Friday, July 16, 2010

Bad Blogger...

I've been awful with blogging lately. We've just been sooooo busy and blogging seems to not be as important. I at least got some pictures up yesterday, but thought I'd actually write a few words today.


Updates on all of us:

--Eli-- About to turn 4 months! Check up on Monday. I think he's going to be a thumb sucker; he constantly has his fist in his mouth. All in the last few days he has discovered his feet and likes to grab at them; he's started reaching for and batting at toys; he finally rolled over from back to front; he's started to blow raspberries; and my favorite, he's started laughing - REALLY laughing. It's hilarious.

--Ethan-- Potty training continues to go well; it's about 5 steps forward and only one step back. We still have accidents here and there, but overall he's pretty much in control. Our biggest thing right now is that he suddenly doesn't want to go #2 on the potty. He held it in for 4 days!!!!! Sorry if that's too much info.
He fell on the pool deck yesterday and has a nasty road rash on his face. It's been a couple of months since our last major booboo, so I guess we were due.

He is such the chatter box. He'll tell me the same thing but in 5 different sentences back to back. "I hurt my booboo. My booboo right there. My booboo hurt. I fall down and get booboo. Need to be careful."
His new phrase right now is "What my doing?" instead of "What am I doing?" If you listen carefully to the right phrase, you can see where he gets 'what my doing?' Funny.

--Me-- I feel like I'm at least 60 years old. My poor old 30 year old body is falling apart. My ribs hurt, my back hurts, my big toe hurts (for real). It's never ending. My big thing is my back though. I actually visited a chiropractor for the first time last Friday and have been 3 times now. I'm beginning to feel better and am going to attempt 15 min. of working out in the morning. It's been hard not being able to work out as I'm trying so hard to lose weight before school starts and I won't have as much time for that.

--Lonnie-- He had his annual review today and got GREAT reviews, which lead to a great raise! Other than that, not much new.

--Us in general-- LOTS going on! We've been spending the last couple of weeks preparing our house for putting on the market. Involved a whole lot of touch up painting, carpet cleaning, gate repair, washing baseboards, removing extra furniture, etc, etc, etc. We got in on the market Monday and are praying for the right person to come along and fall in love with the house. Once the house sells we're going to start building. We've been meeting with our builder and are getting the house plans put together, which is soooo fun! While the house is being built we're going to be living in Lonnie's parents' basement. It will save us tons of money, plus we'll have live-in babysitters! Date night, here we come!!!! ;)

That's about it! Hopefully I can do better about blogging from now on... (yeah right! School will be starting before I know it)

No comments: