Friday, December 17, 2010

Blogging Absence

Wow. It's been over a MONTH since I've last blogged. That's horrible! I guess you could say a lot has happened in the last month.....

After 4 months on the market, we finally sold our house about a week before Thanksgiving. Woohoo! Oh, the chaos of moving, though! We have 4 weeks to be out of our house. Then we traveled to Indiana to be with my family for Thanksgiving. LOOOOOVE going to Indiana, but everyone knows how traveling with children can be. We were utterly exhausted after this trip. As soon as we got back, we were in full packing the house mode. Enter December and all the 'fun' that comes with that... buying presents, decorating, school Christmas stuff (making ornaments for parents, planning Christmas party, wrapping up first semester), etc, etc, etc.
Then on Dec. 7 we got the phone call that my Grandma passed away. She was an amazing woman and I miss her so much. I am so thankful we were able to spend Thanksgiving weekend with her and made great memories to remember her by. We left that Friday for Indiana and got to see the family again. It was definitely a hard, emotional weekend, on top of the sheer physical exhaustion that comes with traveling. I think we counted spending 25 hours in the car over a 3-day stretch.
When we got back home it was back into packing mode. And here we are. December 18. We have about a week left to pack up our entire life and shove it into a storage unit. We have LOTS done and are having friends over today to get pretty much everything out that we don't need for the next week. We'll be moving into the basement at Lonnie's parents house while we are building our new home. Our house is scheduled to be done June 15.

And somewhere in there throw in a minor fender bender for Lonnie and pink eye for Eli.


So there you have it. Our life in a nutshell for now. I like to think that Lonnie and I lead a pretty calm, uneventful, low-stress life. Some would call it boring. I love it. So for us, it's been a whirlwind! I'm hoping after Christmas, once we're settled at Lonnie's parents' house, things will calm down and we can start to feel somewhat normal again.

And I hope that means doing better at blogging....

No comments: