Sunday, October 7, 2012

Summer Catch-Up

Wellll.....here I am after 3 months of not blogging.   Basically our camera broke 3 months ago and we have YET to replace it, so no pictures=no blogging.  But I feel guilty for not blogging, so I uploaded the 700+ pictures on my phone to my computer and am now trying to fill in the holes from the last 3 months.  Yikes.
So, here's the shortened version of what happened this summer.
 
Fourth of July Fireworks.  No one was scared this year!
 



 In the middle of a very long, hot, drought.  It rained for a minute so we went outside to see how fast the raindrops evaporated on the extremely hot concrete.


We did lots of chalk in the driveway.  Ethan has become quite the artist.


At Ava's glasses party.  Love this picture!!!!


Shirley's work was having a 'company picnic' at the Arvest Ballpark so we got to go to the game for free and eat some yummy barbeque.  I'm thankful for the time we spent with Lonnie's dad that day.  In case there's anyone that hasn't heard yet, Lonnie's dad passed away on September 9.  I think we'll always cherish this picture as one of the last ones we took.   More on that later.



Sooooo thankful for Pinterest and all these fun ideas I got to do with the kids.  Painting with water on the sidewalk; it was so hot we'd have a new canvas every few minutes!


More Pinterest fun: marble run made out of toilet paper dispensers...


Skipping rocks during a bike ride at the Bella Vista trail...


Brotherly love at church...


Just a normal day...Eli (aka Spiderman) on the potty...


Once we got closer to the end of summer, some of my school supplies I had ordered had started arriving, so Ethan got to enjoy them before I took them to school. 

More fun: Playdoh, spaghetti, Cheerios...

Toothpicks and marshmallows...


A weekend trip to Silver Dollar City.  Ethan LOVED all the 'big kid' rides that he was tall enough for...




Daddy teaching the boys how to install an agrometer...


Another Naturals game, this time with the Grubbs...


Funny...I have ONE picture of the thing we did the MOST all summer - SWIMMING!  Every Wednesday my friends and all our kids would gather for swimming at our clubhouse pool.  It was the highlight of my week and wish I had documented more of it!

Out of order...this is from Silver Dollar City.



Granddaddy came to visit us from Florida!



More craftiness:  a marshmallow catapult made from popsicle sticks, rubberbands, and the lid from a water bottle.  Genius!!!

So there you have it in a nutshell!!!  Summer 2012 was my favorite so far!  And thanks to no snow days during the school year, it was the LONGEST summer break ever. 

No comments: