Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's 7 o'clock in the morning...

Do you know where your teacher is????
.
.
On the couch at home, watching the Today Show!!!....
  • No, I'm not in labor
  • No, I'm not sick
  • No, I'm not playing hookie
  • It's a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to think God sent the snow just for me. He knew I needed a break. Each day at school gets harder and harder.

I have big plans for the day. I've already cleaned the whole kitchen and started on the laundry. I'm going to finish painting the letters for Ethan's wall, write some thank you notes, pack my hospital bag, (unfortunately) grade some papers, and who knows what else?! But don't worry, I'll be taking plenty of breaks in between to put my feet up (they're not looking so cute and dainty these days). And, oh yeah, I'm taking a nap!!!!!

Since I'm a BIG-TIME morning person (thanks Dad!), I was already showered, dressed, and ready to walk out the door when I got the phone call that school was cancelled. So Lonnie and I took advantage of the extra time and took some belly shots.


Update 2/1: It's Snow Day, Round Two!!!!! They cancelled school around 4pm yesterday, so this is the first snow day I've gotten to truly enjoy. No alarm clocks were set - I just woke up when I felt like it (which, of course, was still 6:30 - but that's a lot better than 5:00!!!) Every other snow day I'm showered, dressed, fed, and on my way out the door (if not already half-way to school) by the time they cancel school. Yea for snow!!!!!

7 comments:

Crystal_King said...

YEAH!!! You have a snow day! I'm so happy for you! You look GREAT in your pictures! That's a really pretty color of purple on you! I hope you get lots done today! I know my "to-do" list is growing with each day, so it'll be nice for you to catch up!

Be careful if you go outside! I'm hoping that I can still make my 3:30 dr.'s appt today. Have a fun day!

Crystal

Grubb Family said...

What a gorgeous preggo!!! I love watching you grow and glow (Iknow you don't feel like you are glowing these days, but you are so beautiful!) Thanks for coming to play with the kids and take pics. I needed the encouragement to get out in the snow!!

Margaret said...

WOW! You guys are fast! :)

Nicole said...

YOU GOT YOUR SNOWDAY!!!!!

Glad you have a day to play in the snow, rest, clean and do whatever else you want to do on your "free" day! I'm just happy it was you guys that got the snow and NOT us!!!

You look soooo good! Not at all like you should be about to deliver a baby!!!

Laura King said...

I'm amazed at how beautiful both you and Crystal look! There will soon be 2 very special little boys being held by 2 very special mommies! OK, their dads are pretty special too which probably one reason you two look so good. I can't believe Lonnie and Carl are going to be Dads.
Glad you got a day to goof off, but it sounds like you had way too much work planned for a skip day!
Love you,
Aunt Laura

Tiffany said...

Glad you got your snow day, too. I know I enjoyed mine! You're looking great! I can't wait to see this little guy!

Crystal_King said...

I can't believe you only have 18 more days to go! He'll be here in no time! Do you feel as if you have everything ready for him? Is there anything else you need? Just think, in a few weeks (probably less) he'll be here! When's your next dr.'s appt?