Thursday, January 24, 2008

Only 4 weeks to go! (or maybe less!)

Today was the big day for the ultrasound and doctor's appointment. We started with the ultrasound, and the tech determined that Ethan weighs 6 pounds and 12 ounces (give or take a pound). That sounds HUGE to me, considering I still have 4 weeks left, but it's surprisingly only about 1 week ahead of where he should be. The doctor told us he's in the 78th percentile for his size right now. His heartrate was 134.

He said that babies will gain between a quarter pound and a half pound per week during the last month. So if you do the math, that means he could gain another pound or two. Let's hope for one rather than two!!!

I'll go back in a week and a half, and he said they'd start checking to see if there's any progress at that point.

I'm taking predictions on Ethan's birthday.

  • I predict Feb. 12
  • Lonnie predicts Feb. 13

I don't really want him to come super early, but the thought of being done feeling yucky is quite appealing. I really can't complain too much since I feel like this pregnancy has been fairly easy, but I'm beginning to feel miserable. I'm exhausted by 9am, I feel obese, my ankles have started swelling (well, really just my right ankle - weird!), and I itch all over!!!! My doctor said I've developed a 'pregnancy rash,' which is apparently quite common towards the end of pregnancy. My belly, arms, and legs itch uncontrollably!!! I asked him what I could do to make it go away and his reply was, "have the baby." So, it looks like I'm out of luck until Ethan decides to make his grand appearance.

Sorry to be such a downer....I guess I just needed to vent a little. But it will all be worth it when we get to see precious little Ethan Daniel!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Pregnancy rash??? What are the chances? Oh Margaret.. sooo sorry you are feeling crummy and itchy! It will be over soon enough.

Did you get pictures at your ultrasound today? Just curious how the little guy looks these days.

Hang in there... love ya and miss you

Crystal_King said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I've been so anxious to hear how your appointment went! My mouth literally dropped when I saw how much he weighs! I don't know why, I mean, I guess he's right on track which is wonderful it's just seeing that he's already 6 lbs. 12 oz. makes it all seem so real that baby Ethan is almost here!!!! I bet you'll have him a week early too!

I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable! I'm getting more tired, my feet are also swolen and let me tell you, I don't know how I have 6 weeks left of growing! I feel like such a whale! Just know that there are others out there that are feeling your pain! ha! I can't wait to see what Ethan looks like! I love hearing your updates, it kind of gives me a heads up of what's to come! I hope we get to do another ultrasound at my visit next week and see how much our little guy weighs. I'm so curious!

Hang in there and I'm thinking of you! OH, and I'm going to send you an invite to my baby shower. It should be Feb. 16th but you might not make it! NO worries though! Take it easy these next few weeks and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,

Crystal

Margaret said...

Nicole - believe me, the chances were pretty good. I've always had sensitive skin. I remember changing laundry detergent one time back in college and I broke out ALL over in some horrible rash. So this is nothing new, but yucky none the less.
We did get two new ultrasound pictures, but they're really not very good, so I didn't even bother having my friend scan them for me. I guess we'll just have to wait a few weeks and we'll get to see him for real!

Crystal - can't wait to hear how your visit goes next week. I know you're ready for that time to be here!
I hope I can make it to your shower on the 16th! Where are you registered?
You'll have to email me your phone number so I can call you when we have Ethan.

Hang in there! You don't have that much longer either!

Nicole said...

I forgot to add our prediction:

February 4th~

Crystal_King said...

I'll update my blog on our next Dr. visit. I'm ready for him to be here SO badly! I'm feeling him move less and less which is kind of scary, but good to know that it means we're in the final stretch! Yes, please call me when you have Ethan. My number is 640-1502. I want to see him as soon as I can! I'm registered at Walmart. But if you can't make it you know I understand, you take care of you and Ethan! You're in the final stretch, now the anticipation is going to grow not knowing when he'll arrive! As long as he's healthy, which it sounds like he is, I hope for your sake the sooner the better!:)

Unknown said...

Okay, so for the last 3 days the radio station i listen to on my way to work has been on this PFR kick... yes, it is weird. I am pretty sure that I haven't heard "That Kind of Love" since a scary bus trip to Winterfest many many years ago. I dont know what is worse though - that the radio still plays popular Christian music from 1997 or that I still know all the words.

I blame you. :)

...Where can I find that kind of love?
Ohhhhh they say that it runs in His blood..

4 weeks! We will be prayin'!

~Layne