Thursday, March 27, 2008

Quality Time

Ethan is 6 weeks old today!!!! Here are some pictures of Ethan enjoying some quality time with some of his favorite people...

*Daddy...



*Mommy...
*Cousin Caden...



OTHER MISCELLANEOUS PICTURES...
*The lone Easter picture... (oops! we only took one picture all day long)

*Assuming the sleeping position...
*Cutie patootie!
*Practicing karate...

We've had a pretty good week here. I've worked really hard to get Ethan on a better schedule. He'd been doing great at the 3-hour schedule, but it was never at the same time each day, which made it hard for planning anything. So we've started our day at 7am each day this week, and it has helped so much! Now I know that every day at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and 10pm, I am sitting in the recliner feeding Ethan. Then I can plan my outings around that. Of course, I'm not letting it control us - if I need to be out, then I'll bottle feed him while we're out. But since he's been doing so great with his feeding schedule, I can usually count on him to eat (45 minutes), play, (30-45 minutes), and sleep (90 minutes), on each rotation, which allows me to plan my errands and whatnot. Babywise also says this should help him sleep through the night sooner, so cross your fingers! We're not even close yet. He still wakes every 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours, but he almost always goes right back to sleep, so I can't complain too much!

That's about it for us. My parents will be here on Saturday for my Mom's Spring Break, so I'm sure Ethan will get spoiled in the upcoming days! Ethan is very excited to meet his Grandpa for the first time, and to show his Grandma how much he's grown since she was here last!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great pics!!! He is changing and there is a little personality starting to shine thru!

Your schedule sounds exactly like what we did with our kids. It worked great. Our kids never did get the whole sleeping thru the night before 6 months but I really think that breastfed babies need a feeding during the night... I know I know Babywise says it doesn't have to be that way but in this one case, i'm not sure I agree. On almost everything else, we were on the same page:) I recently finished reading Childwise (ages 3-7) again! And it is phenomenal! I highly recommend it! Again, there are things that might not work for every family but for the most part it is so insightful and chock full of useful tools!

Have fun with your parents!

love you guys!!!

Margaret said...

Six months! Yikes! Although I have to say, I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night to feed him. It's just when he decides not to go back to sleep that makes it hard. And, of course, things will be very different when I go back to work in a couple of weeks. :(
Maybe he'll be sleeping through the night by then! It's possible...