Thursday, September 18, 2008

3AM Wake-up Call

Ethan started fussing at 3 o'clock this morning. It started out pretty quiet - my plan was to just let him fuss and he will usually fall back to sleep on his own. But then the fussing turned into the most beautiful sound ever...

"Ma!" a few seconds later...

"Ma Ma!" then some babbling with the /b/ sound, then...

"Ma!" then more babbling, and so on.

I woke up Lonnie and we laid in bed just smiling ear to ear as we stared at the monitor. After a minute or two, Lonnie said, "You should record this!" Oh yeah. So I jumped up and grabbed the camera and poked it into his room just to record the sound. But by that time, he was mostly done talking and was back to fussing. About 30 seconds later he was sound asleep. So, this is not the best video ever (remember, it's just for the sound - there's nothing to look at), but I did get him saying it a couple of times.

He's said Ma, and Ma Ma before, just not very often. He's definitely started saying it a LOT more the last few days. It was SOOO cute that he woke up in the middle of the night saying it. Yes, I know that he doesn't know that 'Mama' means me, but I'm going to just pretend that he was calling out for me in the middle the night because he loves me and missed me. Right?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

awwww.. I think 7 month olds do know who "mama" is... I wouldn't be so sure he wasn't calling you or just saying your name for comfort....

Hope you have a great weekend with lots more babbling!!!!!

Jenny said...

i love it! cole just started saying mama about a week or so ago and i love it. ethan sounds so sweet!

Crystal_King said...

Oh yes Margaret, it totally counts! I like to believe they do know that Mama means us, why not? :) Adorable!!

By the way, I love his cute little jeans. I just wanna hug him so tight!!! :)