Monday, January 5, 2009

Big Boy!!!

We could never really get Ethan hooked on a sippy cup, so we just decided to skip that phase and go straight to a regular cup. Total success!!!! He LOVES being able to hold it himself and actually get juice out. It cracks me up how excited he gets just seeing the cup and watching us fill it with juice. (sorry Keira, your cup's been taken!)
He looks like such a big boy!


And speaking of being a big boy, Ethan officially knows another word! He now says 'ball.' He started saying it about a week ago. I think he might know the word 'duck,' too, but I'm not sure if he's really saying it or it's just a coincidence that he makes the 'du' sound when I'm reading his duck book. So, add that to Mommy and Daddy, and we're up to 3, possibly 4 words he knows! It seems so weird that I can actually count the number of words that he can say. I know before long there will be too many to count. My baby's growing up!

3 comments:

Grubb Family said...

How exciting. I'm impressed he's doing so well with a big kid cup. Keira should be happy to pass her cup on to Ethan...although I will make sure she has a new one for your house just in case!! Miss you and can't wait for Girls Night on Friday!

Laura King said...

Glad we got to see you even for a wee bit on Christmas. Looks like you guys and Ethan really enjoyed your parents visit. Glad they were able to make the trip with all the bad weather.

Crystal_King said...

Oh wow, you're so brave! If I were to give Camden a cup that water would be everywhere! We've tried the sippy cup for months now, and unless we take the plug out he doesn't realize he can suck on it for liquid to come out. Good job Ethan!