Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Big Day (but not THE big day...)

Today has been a great day! First of all, I'm 38 weeks today. Whew! I decided to take a picture and document what I look like, assuming it will probably be my last pregnant picture. Eli could be here any day! (and I think sooner rather than later)



The other big thing was that Lonnie threw me a SURPRISE 30TH BIRTHDAY PARTY! My birthday's not for another 2 weeks, but I had told Lonnie several months ago that I didn't want to be stuck at home (or in the hospital) on my 30th birthday, so he better plan something a few weeks early. And he sure did!

Our evening plan was to have dinner with the Grubbs, but I was surprised to see about 20 of our friends at their house when we showed up and was greeted with a loud "Happy Birthday!" What fun! We had some wonderful BBQ for dinner and two DELICIOUS cakes. (I really like cake these days.)

Thanks Lonnie for planning such a special evening. Thanks Grubbs for hosting and helping Lonnie out. Thanks friends for coming and celebrating with me! It was great fun! (and amusing how our lives have changed now that we all have kids - most everyone had cleared out by 8pm. Kiddos gotta get to bed!) :)




Not really the best picture, but the only one I took besides the cakes:

1 comment:

Crystal_King said...

I am so happy you enjoyed your birthday surprise! I just want you to know we were so bummed we couldn't make it, I had to work! :( Hope you're feeling great and I'm counting down the days until sweet baby Eli is here! Can't wait to see you!!!!