Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Boy is all Grown Up!!!

These pictures just don't seem right - he's toooooo big!

In case you're wondering, that's the inside of a play hard hat on his head. He likes to use it as his baseball helmet.

Ethan is just hysterical these days. He definitely keeps us laughing. I can understand what he says almost all of the time now and he talks mostly in complete sentences. (Of course, all those things are ONLY true around us or close family members. He is THE world's most shy kid when he gets around most people. Just like me as a kid!)

A few Ethanisms I want to remember:

-"meeeelk" = milk (like nails on a chalkboard to me!)

-"wearit" = toilet (I don't know why he can't say that word, but that's as close as he can get!)

-"baskapoop" - basketball or basketball hoop

-"Ho dat for?" - a question that could mean a couple of things- What's that for? What's this? Who's that? etc.

-"Eli lookatchew!"

-"I made!" He says this to show off something that he made.

-"I found!" To show off something he found.

-He loves to do the whole 'see you later, alligator' 'afterwhile, crocodile'

-"I HAPPY!" This started after listening to the song 'And I'm so happy, so very happy. I've got the love of Jesus in my heart." As soon as he hears the first few words he SHOUTS in a very excited tone "I HAPPY!" Now he says it a lot, along with 'Mommy happy,' 'Daddy happy,' etc.

-"I don't like it." (very southern drawl)

-"I don't want it." (very southern drawl)

-"bumpty" - bumpy

-"Oh, okay."

-"alright!"

-"Mommy may I ___fill in the blank___, peepeepeepee-pease!" Not sure why he started saying please like that because he's said that word fine for a long time. I always correct him and make him say it the right way, and then he over-enunciates. "puh,lease!"

-he can't say the 's' at the beginning of any word, so we hear these phrases a lot:

"I winging!" (swinging)

"Nuggle me" (snuggle)

"I wimming!" (swimming)

-He loves to tell us he loves us. "I love Mommy." (Daddy, Eli, Grandma, Grandpa, bears, etc.)

-He talks to inanimate objects like they are people. 'Hi stop sign!" "Whatcha doin, hotdog?"

-He also likes to just make up jibberish - "boop boop, Mommy, boop boop!" "googah"

-This has nothing to do with him talking, but Ethan is suddenly obsessed with toe fuzz. He is constantly checking in between his toes to see if he has any fuzz, and does the same to Eli. I'm surprised he hasn't broken one of Eli's toes yet, with the way that he spreads them apart searching for fuzz.

Love that kid!

No comments: