Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two Months Old

We just got back from Eli's two-month check up, so here are his stats:
-Weight: 11 pounds, 12 ounces (60th percentile)
-Height: 24 inches (90th percentile)


What he's up to these days:
About the same as my last post, only with more fussiness! Eli's decided that he wants to be fussy in the evenings before bedtime, which has made for quite a few hectic nights in our house, as Ethan has not been going down as easily as he used to either. Our pediatrician says it sounds like he may be a little colicky (sp?) and gave me a few pointers, so hopefully that will help. He's usually fine until 6 or 7pm, and then just gets really cranky. The other issue is that he wakes up around 5am and then fusses/sleeps off and on until 7am. Usually at that time I'm either trying to work out or sleep, and when he needs attention every 10-15 minutes, I can't really do either. That makes for a cranky mama! And of course, Ethan seems to wake up early on these fussy days, too.
But other than sleep/fussy issues at bedtime and waking up times, Eli has been great!!! He is such a happy, smiley baby. He is really starting to interact with us a lot more and even squeal with delight. Love it!
He takes great naps during the day and eats well. Ethan still LOVES his baby brother and interacts with him a lot.
Ethan gets to go to his Grandma and Grandpa's house one day a week for the whole day, which has been a lifesaver! Having only Eli at home on those days really lets me either be productive or lazy, whichever I feel the need for.

Eli is going to get his first experience with the great outdoors this weekend, as we're going camping. Let's hope he does well!

2 comments:

Haley said...

At the risk of sounding like a know-it-all, I have to share with you what worked for us. When Caleb was a little younger than Eli is now, he went from being the easiest baby in the world to being fussy at night. A friend of mine suggested that I read The Happiest Baby on the Block. It's all about calming fussy babies and it saved my sanity! There is a DVD if you don't have time to read the book, but I highly recommend it to everyone I know. I have lots of friends whose babies have had full-on colic and they swear by it. It might be worth a try. I have a copy if you want to borrow it.

Haley said...

Oh...and it has worked for Nola too. :) We started the techniques with her from day one and she has responded to them as well or better than Caleb did.