Sunday, September 5, 2010

Baby Food



Before we had kids, I always said I'd homemake baby food for my kids. But when it came down to it, I just never got around to it with Ethan. But this time around, after hearing several friends say how easy it was, I thought I'd actually give it a try.
I knew I'd love how much money it would save us, but I had no idea that I'd actually enjoy making it! I started with acorn squash and sweet potatoes, which he both loved. Then we moved on to sweet peas. Not a match made in heaven, but as long as it's mixed with either squash or sweet potatoes, Eli tolerates it. I've already made green beans and butternut squash, which we'll be trying in the next week.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yay for homemade baby food!! It's fun to make and a real money saver. I am amazed at how easy it was to transition Aiden to eating table food. So far there is nothing we've found that he doesn't like!

Margaret said...

Let's hope for that kind of success, Angela. Ethan is just as picky as we are (imagine that), so maybe this will give Eli a fighting chance. :)