Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mother May I?

We have been very adament about teaching manners to Ethan. It started with signing 'please' and 'thank you,' then actually saying the words. Once he was starting to put more words together, we started teaching him to say 'may I...?" Well, I'd say he's got it! (well, kinda) Maybe he OVER-generalizes the use of the phrase.

Common questions these days:

"May I have a hold Eli?"

"May I have a go outside please?"

"May I have a up please?"

"May I have a hold me?"

"May I have a more milk please?"

"May I have a read a book please?"

I know I should probably be correcting him, but it's just too stinkin' cute!


Another random cute thing...
I've had a cold the last week, which has involved lots of sneezing and coughing. Apparently the coughing and sneezing really concerns Ethan. When he's in bed at night and I think he's asleep, if I cough or sneeze, he will call from his room, "OKAY, MOMMA???" Seriously. He doesn't do this during the day - only at night. As I'm typing this, he's been in bed and quiet for 30-45 minutes and he is STILL asking me "OKAY, MOMMA???" every time I cough/sneeze. Too cute.

No comments: