Sunday, November 2, 2008

Growing Up (sorry, a little sappy)

I was watching Ethan play with his little activity table this afternoon and it hit me how grown up he is. He will just stand there and play and play and play - all on his own. And Lonnie and I have both noticed that since he's started crawling, he's so much more content with just playing by himself. Sure, he still loves to talk to us and play with us, but it's hitting me that he's growing up into his own little person!
Look at how big he is!
And then, just one hour later, we put Ethan down for his nap. A few minutes after that we hear pounding on his wall. We walk into his room and see him sitting up, pounding on the wall. Then he gave us the biggest grin, like he's saying, "Look what I can do!" He's never sat up in his crib before. It freaked me out a little - he was practically dangling his head over the side. So needless to say, the nap got postponed while Lonnie lowered his crib. I had meaning ask Lonnie to do that for awhile, but I guess there was no sense of urgency! Ha!

My baby's growing up!

1 comment:

Crystal_King said...

Awwww, he is getting so big! I can't believe he's already standing on his own! He's so strong! Camden still hasn't crawled yet. I think part of the problem is that he hates being on his belly for longer than a minute. We aren't pushing it though, all in good time! I can't believe how big the boys are getting either. We need a play date soon! Miss you guys!