Monday, December 17, 2007

Help!!!!

I'm getting desperate....

I've been trying to decorate the baby room for months now, and can't seem to get anywhere. Every time I go in there, I just get frustrated and walk out. It is so bland!! Hate may be a little strong, but that's currently how I feel about that room. I just can't seem to figure out how to make it look any better. I know the main issue is just paint. So here are my thoughts/options:

  • paint the bottom half chocolate brown; leave the top half the current paint color; put up a chair rail

  • paint the bottom half chocolate brown; paint the top half a darker khaki to match the khaki in the crib set; put up a chair rail

  • paint the bottom half chocolate brown; paint blue circles on the top half of one wall; put up a chair rail

  • leave it the current paint color; paint a couple of brown stripes horizontally around the room (at the chair rail height)

  • try to mimic the bumper of the crib set as a chair rail around the room (blue stripe with brown on top and bottom with circles in the middle) - I like this but have no idea how I'd actually do it

That's about as much as my brain could come up with. Any ideas? I'd like to walk in there and feel happy and excited to bring our baby boy home to it, but that seems to be the last feeling that comes to mind. Help!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I think any idea with a chair rail will make it seem homier and cozier...You need to just pick one and go for it... it's just paint and you can always redo it if you don't like it, get bored with it or he outgrows it... I loved going into both our kids rooms when they were finished and imagining what it would be like to bring them home and have an actual baby in there...I would sit and read, pray and nap (a lot:)

I just reread your options and I think I like the dark brown bottom and khaki top and then you pick an accent color (blue, white, red etc..) it would be fun to even put the baby's name up in white wood letters (when you actually pick a name... that's for another post)

love ya and miss you!!!!

Tiffany said...

I like the chocolate brown bottom with a chair rail. I also like the blue color for the top or the current color with circles that mimic the bedding. Just an idea.

Crystal_King said...

The bedding is SO adorable! I like the idea of painting the bottom half the dark chocolate brown and lighter Khaki on top because the lighter color will be more eye level and not seem so overwhelming when people walk in. I don't know exaclty what a chair rail is for sure, but if it's what I'm thinking (trim around the middle of the walls seperating the two paint colors?) then I think it's a great idea. Don't be overwhelmed because it looks like you're already off to a great start!! The paint really will make all the difference and once there are pictures on the wall too it'll all fall right into place!

Crystal

Crystal_King said...

Don't be stressed! Trust me Margaret, I don't have any more than you do done with my nursery! I've seen your pictures and I'm still undecided on the paint color as well with NO pictures hung! It'll all fall into place these next few months. Our Dr.'s appt. is at 3:00 so we probably won't see you at the visit but I'm looking forward to talking all about it with you on Christmas Day! Can't wait to see you and share our experiences!!!!

Crystal