Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Surprise!

I'm a whole day early! I didn't realize that the ultrasound tech would put all the pictures on CD for us, so that makes it a whole lot easier for putting online.


Here's how the appointment went...


Baby's umbilical cord was in front of his face the whole time, so we didn't get very good pictures. In fact, she didn't even charge us for the visit and we get to go back next week and try again. But we still got pictures, a video of the whole ultrasound, and a CD of all the pictures. Baby was all curled up in a ball - he's very flexible! His feet were hanging out around his head most of the time.


She measured Baby for us, and it was just as I feared - he's a big 'ol Lamp baby! He's measuring 4 pounds and 5 ounces (of course, she says plus or minus a pound), which is equivilent to 32 weeks and 5 days, but I'm only 30 weeks and 4 days. So, Rachel is predicting that I'll probably have the baby early, which I don't want, mainly because that means there's more time at the end of the school year that I'll have to go back for.


So...


We go back for another ultrasound on Dec. 26, and our regular doctor's appointment is on Dec. 27.


In other news, my doctor had her twin girls today! Her husband performed the C-section (can you imagine?). All are well; one of the twins had to go to ICU because she was having breathing difficulties, but she was expected to be out of ICU this evening and into a regular room. Yea! And since she had the babies early, that means it's more likely that she'll be back in time for my delivery (that is, if I don't go too early).


And now, the pictures! They're all face shots, you just have to look carefully to really see it. Like I said, they're not great, but that's okay - it's our baby boy!







Here's the funniest part....when we showed Caden the pictures of Baby, his immediate response was, "Why is he made of wood?"

Ha! That's a perspective I hadn't thought of yet, but it makes sense! Maybe we need to name him Pinocchio Lamp.

3 comments:

Crystal_King said...

Wow! I can't believe how much he's measuring and weighing! That's unbelievable! And just what do our baby books know, they say they should be measuring 1/2 that! It just goes to show you how different each pregnancy can be! That's great though, it sounds like he's healthy and happy! Wasn't it amazing seeing those pictures! Your time is almost here and you'll be holding him in your arms!!! Carl and I aren't going to get a 3D ultrasound but do you think they would be able to tell how much our baby would weigh now without one? Just curious! I can't wait to see you next week and hear more about it!!

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Margaret!

Or, I think I am supposed to call you large-Marge now. :)

I am so glad to have stumbled upon your blog - I had heard from Jon/Becky that you were expecting and it is so fun to see the pictures! It looks like life is going good and I hope the pregnancy continues to go well for you!

...you know, I hear Layne makes a great boys name :)

~Layne

Margaret said...

LAYNE!!!! What a surprise! I'm so glad you stumbled across my blog too!

What are you up to these days? Are you still in Michigan?

Send me your email if you get a chance...

Good to hear from you!