Thursday, June 26, 2008

Four Years Ago

Hard to believe, but today marks our four year anniversary!!!! Don't worry, I'm not going to get all mushy - I did enough of that on my Father's Day blog. But I am going to make you go down memory lane with me...



Rehearsal dinner at Johnny Carino's (if you don't know the story of why we went there, you should ask me sometime - it's funny!)
(and wow! was I tan!)


Getting ready for the big hoorah!
Love this picture...nothing like trying to cram the wedding dress in the van.



Holy cow... look at Lexi and Logan!!! They look the same, only munchkin-like versions of themselves!
Awwww....
Our first kiss as husband and wife!


Our first dance...



Just had to throw this one in there...look at Caden!!!! I don't remember him ever being that small!



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture! It is by far my favorite wedding picture of all. (Thanks Mom and Dad for capturing it, since our crazy photographer had taken off at that point!)



On our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Holy moley...was I really that skinny??? Talk about motivation to lose that baby weight!!! I need to plaster this picture all over our house. Funny, back then I thought I looked fat - I'd kill for that body now!

It's been a great 4 years!!!!


And what are we doing to celebrate?????? Branson!!! (If you know me well, you can sense the sarcasm.)


With a 4 month old, we couldn't exactly plan a big elaborate vacation, so we'll be going to Branson to go to White Water, and here's the big part - WITHOUT ETHAN!!! He'll be staying with Rachel on Thursday night and Aunt Betty on Friday night. He'll do GREAT with them! Our first night away. I'm not really nervous at all, just because Rachel and Betty have watched him so much and I know he'll be well cared for and loved. (And, Ethan has not been sleeping well the last week, so it will be very nice to get two nights of uninterrupted sleep!!!!!)



Happy Anniversary, baby!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

awww. GREAT post! I always enjoy looking at your wedding photos and there is always the feeling of sadness knowing I missed the occasion. Morning sickness with Lillie was at it's VERY peak 4 years ago today! Hope you have an AWESOME time away! Catch up on your sleep!!!!

Jenny said...

I actually did post pictures from our wedding around our house to motivate me!!!! Have so much fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Margaret & Lonnie,
Happy Anniversary! I forget you have a June anniversary, too. Have a great weekend getaway - even if it is just Branson! :) That's more than we did.

Take care,
Amanda

Tiffany said...

Can't believe it's been 4 years...that means it's been 4 years since I've seen you! Crazy. We have to find a time to get together. Anyway, enjoy your anniversary!

Crystal_King said...

Wow, 4 years already, where does the time go? Ha, before I started reading your blog I saw the picture of you and Lonnie at your rehearsal dinner thinking it was a recent picture and I thought, Man! She's so tan and boy does she look good! We're both doing great for having a baby only 4 months ago. I try not to look too far back at my old pictures, it makes me sad!

Betty said she was keeping Ethan when I talked to her. She was really excited. I hope you two got some much needed rest!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun in Branson! I hear it's supposed to be pretty fun for everyone!