Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This post is meant for my loving husband, so you may find yourself completely bored if you choose to continue reading.







From Ethan:



Top 10 Reasons Why I Have the BEST DADDY in the World:



1. He loves to give me a bath and make sure I get all lotioned-up afterwards. Daddy won't let me have dry skin!



2. He makes up silly songs just for me! (and makes sure they rhyme!)



3. He'll do ANYTHING to get me to laugh - zerbert my belly, make silly noises, sing silly songs, etc.



4. He hugs me the second he gets home from work (well, after kissing mommy - ewww!) and tells me how much he missed me.



5. He's already started teaching me about the important things in life - ESPN, NASCAR, checking the radar, driving, etc.



6. He's the best snuggler!!!!!!



7. He puts all my toys together so I have tons of things to play with and he replaces the batteries when the music starts sounding funny.



8. He's learned how to change my stinky diapers without a look of total disgust on his face! Now he just smiles at me and tells me how stinky I am. Silly Dad - he stinks too sometimes!



9. He'll sing the Jeopardy song 26 times in a row with each letter in the alphabet just because it keeps me from not crying!



10. He gave me some STINKIN' GOOD LOOKS!!!!!!!!!!







From me:



Top 10 Reasons Why Lonnie's the BEST DAD AND HUSBAND in the world:


1. He was my rock the first week after Ethan was born - he waited on me hand and foot when I was feeling miserable, he gave me a shoulder to cry on when I was too tired or in too much pain to go on, he listened to my worries, and he took amazing care of Ethan while I was recovering.



2. He is a NATURAL Dad. He makes everything look so easy, like he's been doing it his whole life. I expected to have to explain everything to him and teach him how to care for Ethan, but he already knew so much (although we did have to work on the diaper thing).



3. He is a very selfless person. He always finds ways to help other people, whether it be people from work, church, family, or a guy holding a sign on the side of the road. Lonnie has truly shown me how to put others ahead of myself (although I'm still working on it!)


4. Part of being selfless, he took AMAZING care of me during my pregnancy. He cooked dinners when I was too tired, helped me off the couch when I was too fat to do it myself :), and let me sleep anytime I needed to while he handled the house stuff.


5. He makes me laugh!!!! We have so much fun together. There have been many times that we've asked each other, "Do all married people have this much fun?"


6. He is our financial guru. He handles all the money stuff and I wouldn't have it any other way! We make a perfect match: money stuff bores me and I don't want to deal with it; he LOVES looking into investments, savings, stocks, etc. I always know that the bills get paid and that Lonnie is making the best decisions for our family. It's WIN, WIN for both of us!


7. We make a great team - he helps me with the cleaning inside (dusting, vacuuming, etc.), and I help him with the outside stuff (well, I mostly just do the edging while he mows). We get to spend time together and it goes much, much faster!


8. For all the reasons listed above, I think he's going to be a great role model for Ethan - showing him what a loving husband looks like, and what a caring Dad looks like. So hopefully he can grow up to be a loving husband and a caring Dad!


9. He can tell when I've had a long day and sends me away so Ethan and him can have some "Daddy time," when really it's a "sanity check" for Mommy.


10. He's good lookin'!!!! (see #10 above)



A trip down memory lane for Lonnie...


























Happy first Father's Day, Lonnie!



And, of course, Happy Father's Day to my dad and Lonnie's dad! I think we can definitely appreciate you a lot more now that we're parents and have a glimpse of what you went through. Have a great day!

No comments: