Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday, Ethan!!!!

Holy cow...I almost can't believe what I'm writing. There's no way my baby has been here for half a year!!! What a blessing he has been in our lives. He becomes more and more fun every day.

Here are Ethan's unofficial stats: (we'll get the official doctor-version on Monday)
weight: 19.8 pounds (hey, that's not twenty!)
height: 28 1/4 inches

What Ethan's been up to this month:

  • SITTING UP!!!! YEA, ETHAN!!!
  • EATING CEREAL!!!! Ethan has really started to enjoy his rice cereal. He wasn't crazy about it for a long time, but would usually eat it as long as I sang to him. Now he'll eat most of it without me having to entertain him.
  • He just started making his first consonant sound yesterday - he says "bu, bu"
  • Smiling a lot! Any look from Mommy or Daddy can usually get a good-size grin
  • He went through a 2-week spurt where he didn't really care to eat, but we're back on track now
  • He eats 8 ounces at 7:00, 11:30, 4:00, and 9:30ish (before we go to bed), and also eats rice cereal at 6pm.
  • Bedtime routine: 6:15 - cereal, 6:30 - bath, 7:00 - bed (sometimes earlier if he didn't get good naps at daycare)
  • Going to daycare - harder on Mom than on Ethan! He doesn't always get good naps, but he's doing better
  • No teeth, but still drooling and gnawing like crazy!
  • SLEEPING! Okay, still not through the night, but he's doing better! Lately we've only been getting up 1-3 times each night. Yea for sleep!!!!
  • SCREAMING! Most of the time it's just for fun - he screams at the top of his lungs, just because he can. It's hard to tell sometimes if he's having fun or if he's upset.

Guess that's about it.

Here's my baby on Day One:




Three Months:
Six Months: (excuse the PJ's - now that he's so wiggly, I've learned to do this right before bedtime so he's almost conked out)

Happy 6 months, Ethan!!!!

1 comment:

Crystal_King said...

WOW! I can't believe how quickly the boys are growing! Every month I say to myself, this is my favorite age, yet every month older they get the more fun it is! I love all the pictures. Ethan does look like such a big boy! What do you mix your cereal with? I was using breastmilk, but it's getting hard to have enough for his bottles, so I stopped and have introduced half water and half applejuice. With just using 100% applejuice it was still a bit too strong for him.