Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ethan slept all night last night!!!!!! This has not happened in over two months! It's quite ironic that it happened last night...

Lonnie and I have been completely exhausted lately. We decided last night that we HAVE to do something about Ethan waking up several times during the night. We knew we were enabling him by picking him up and rocking him in the middle of the night, but he sometimes wouldn't fall back asleep without us doing it. So Lonnie and I laid out a plan last night for some tough love. We decided that we would not go in his room unless he's cried for at least 15 minutes. Then we would NOT pick him up - pacifier only. If he didn't go back to sleep, let him cry for another 15 minutes, then try the pacifier again. So we went to bed early and geared up for a long night of crying. Lonnie fed him his bottle at 8:45 then laid him down. He slept for about 2 minutes, then woke up crying. I let him cry for 15 minutes, went in and put his pacifier in. Big mistake!!! He was so mad that I did not pick him up and started screaming. He cried for about 10 minutes, then fell asleep. It's now 6am, and I still haven't heard a peep from him. I went in to check on him earlier this morning and he had rolled over and was sleeping on his belly, so I don't know if that made a difference to him. (sidenote: is it okay for him to sleep on his belly now?) Also, he actually slept at daycare yesterday - he took a 3 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, which is almost unheard of (he only slept for one hour all day on Friday!).
Sooooo... I don't know what all contributed to him actually sleep all night, but I'm hoping it happens again tonight! (greedy, I know)

And oh yeah... I realized I forgot to post his official 6 month stats from the doc:
Weight: 18 lbs, 14 oz. (not 20!)
Height: 27 1/4 inches (I choose not to believe this - he was 27 inches two months ago - I'll stick with my measurement of 28 1/4)

3 comments:

Grubb Family said...

Congrats on the night of sleep..although it doesn't sound like you got a full night's sleep since you were checking on him in the middle of the night. Hopefully he'll keep doing it and your body will allow you to sleep a full night again without waking up to check on your sweet little one!

Jenny said...

way to go ethan!!!!!

Nicole said...

yeahhh!!!! Sounds like he may be going thru a growth spurt... sleep tends to be more consistent and in more quantity all of a sudden. We'll just hope and pray it's a REALLY long growth spurt lasting oh... for the next 18 years!!!! Enjoy it while it lasts....