Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sick Boy

So...Ethan survived his first fever. We got a call from daycare yesterday around 2pm saying he had a fever of 102 degrees (yikes!). Lonnie and I had already decided that if Ethan ever got sick, that he'd be the one to go pick him up since 1) they don't have to call a sub for him and 2) I need to save up sick days so we can have Baby #2 some day. So Lonnie took off to get him, but since it was so close to the end of the day, and it was his first fever, and the fact that I had the carseat, I decided to leave early from work and go get him (luckily a friend could cover the last 15 minutes in my class).
Ethan's cheeks were really red and he felt really warm, but he really wasn't very fussy. I think he has a high tolerance for pain. Once we got some Tylenol in him, he cooled off and felt better (see pictures below - same night). Ethan isn't allowed back to daycare for 24 hours, so Lonnie had to take today off of work. He was already scheduled to take Friday off, too, for our daycare's annual in-service day. So Ethan and Lonnie get a 5-day weekend! I'm not at all jealous. (ha!) Don't worry, Lonnie brought his work laptop home, so he has plenty of work to do.
Ethan's been pretty good today. He's felt warm at times, but Tylenol has been helping.




Ethan is always so interested in what's going on OUTSIDE the tub. We've learned to be a little neater, since the clutter we normally leave on the kitchen counter is a lot of FUN to Ethan.
And in case you're wondering about Ethan's sleep...
Monday night - slept all night
Tuesday night - woke up once (but stayed up for an hour)
Wednesday night - woke up twice, about 20 minutes each

So, that's a big improvement! We were a little less strict about our no picking him up rule with him being sick, and he's still done well. We're headed in the right direction!

4 comments:

Grubb Family said...

I LOVE the pics!! I think some of the cutest pics I have of Cade are when he has a fever. I think some kids get a little giddy and goofy off the tylenol and are lots of fun. Glad things are going better with the sleep. Thanks for hanging with my kids tonight and giving them a little Auntie love!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Margaret said...

They've had fun tonight! They swam for a long time, then we played Dominoes, Life, and now we're watching Signing Time and learning signs for school. Fun and educational! :)

Crystal_King said...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear he had a fever but it sounds like it's all under control. Maybe that's a sign he's getting in his first tooth? Geeze, the picture where he's looking right at the camera sitting up in the tub, he looks like SUCH a big boy! He looks so much older than he is! I can't believe he can sit up so great! I really wish Camden would because it would make it a lot easier when playing.

Glad to hear the nights are going better. I was going to call you last night but realized by the time I got off work you had already started your night time routine and were probably busy. Camden has been going through the exact same sleepless nights except we can't get him down to sleep. The other night it took us almost 3 hours to get him to sleep with lots of crying. Once he goes to sleep he stays asleep, but I can definitely relate. I hope you three have a fun Labor Day weekend!

Laura King said...

You survived the first fever! Maybe a tooth?
That boy is growing hair like crazy!!