Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ethan's First Vacation

We left on Wednesday night to drive to Indiana to see my cousin get married, and for my grandparents (and lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins) to meet Ethan for the first time. It was a long 9-hour drive, but we purposely left at bedtime so the kids (oh yeah, did I mention that we took Cade and Keira, too?) could sleep the whole way, which they did with the exception of a two-hour fussy stretch for Ethan at 1am. My parents did great helping out once we got there so Lonnie and I could go take a much needed nap.

I'll admit, I didn't do very good at taking pictures. After downloading the pictures, I realized I didn't even get a picture of my mom (sorry Mom!). I didn't get a single picture from the wedding because I forgot to put the battery back in after I charged it. I was SOOO mad at myself.

So, here are the moments I did capture:
Here we are, ready for a nine hour drive! Do you think we looked this happy after the long drive?


Unless you're in the Willis family, you can't truly appreciate this picture. Everyone who's anyone has sat in this high chair. We have pictures of Trevis, Rachel and I in it when we were little, along with all of my cousins. The "next" generation has all sat in it - Cade, Keira, Parker, Lillie, and now Ethan!!! He really liked the fact that he could see himself in the tray.



Cade and Keira being silly...



We went to the Louisville Zoo on Friday afternoon. It was SOOOOO hot! I was too hot and sweaty to care about taking pictures, so I only got these two:
The gorillas put on quite a show for us - they were playing around and splashing in the water. One gorilla thought we needed a close-up of his rear-end, which Ethan thought was funny.
When you're the son or nephew of a teacher, you learn that vacation or not, we always find time to read!

Ethan loved hanging out with his Grandpa! Every time Dad looked at him, he got a HUGE smile on his face.



Grandma finally got to meet her newest grandson! Ethan loved snuggling with his GreatMa.


Grandma and Grandpa with their five great-grandchildren! WOW!
Caden got some quality time with Aunt Debbie - reading, of course!
We had a great trip! We did learn that having three children is WAY HARD!!! Traveling at night time is definitely the way to go. We got in at 4:15 this morning, which kind of made for a hard day, but we were able to send Ethan to Dustin and Joanna's for a little bit so we could catch some zzzzz's.



In other news...


Ethan starts daycare tomorrow! I'm sure I'll have to post something about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Crystal_King said...

It looks like you all had a fun time! How brave of you to take the other two kids with you too! We too are going on our first vacation to Nebraska on Friday. It's only a 6 hour drive, but we're doing the same, just leaving at bedtime in hopes Camden sleeps well! Ethan is so adorable and getting so big!!!

Grubb Family said...

Thanks for all the pics and great memories the kids wouldn't have if it weren't for you guys. We love you so much and are so thankful that you were willing to take our rowdy crew with you on your vacation. Love you!!!!