Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Big news...

Ethan rolled over!!!!!!!!!! I set him down for tummy time yesterday morning, and within just a few seconds he flipped right over! He rolled over his right side onto his back. Luckily, Rachel was here to witness it, or I was afraid everyone would think it was an April Fool's joke! Everyone else missed it - Lonnie was at work and my parents had gone out shopping for the day.
So we tried it again this morning, and sure enough, he rolled over again! This time he propped himself all the way up on his elbows and held his head almost straight up for awhile, then just flipped over! My parents got to see it this time, but Lonnie still missed it (he's at home, but sick in bed - yuck!).
Ethan's also started cooing. He's been doing it a little bit for a few days, but just in short spurts. Yesterday, he let out a long, sweet "oooohhhhh!" It was adorable! He is showing so much more personality these days, and even though he hasn't been feeling well, he's been very smiley - and smiley in reaction to what you are doing or saying to him, not just random smiles. He's been a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yayyy Ethan! You are super strong! How is everyone feeling around your house? Margaret, you haven't gotten sick yet have you? Mom's cannot get sick... it's golden rule #1!!!

Hope you're having fun with Grandma and Grandpa from MI! Post some pics in between snuggles...

Jenny said...

I hope Ethan is feeling better! I can't believe he is already rolling over!!! What a big guy!

Crystal_King said...

WOW! What a big boy! You know, Camden and I tried tummy time, but I don't think he liked it too well! He has very strong neck muscles when I hold him up against my shoulder, but when I laid him on his belly he just burried his face in the blanket! We'll try again soon.

We would love to see you guys next week! I'm sorry your time is almost up with him during the day, but summer is just right around the corner! Hope you have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon!