Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Notes from a First Grader

I just have to share a school story with you all...

One of my students was at the writing center this morning. At the writing center they get to write freely about whatever they want and in whatever format (letter, story, postcard, list, poem, thank you note, etc.).

I almost cried when I read this postcard that one of my students wrote:

"Dear Jesus,
Thank you for loving us so much you died on the cros for our sins. And ples forgive me for my sins."

On the address line he wrote:
To: Jesus
Heven


WOW!!! From a seven year old! I pray that Ethan can someday be so free and sincere in his relationship with God.

Needless to say, this uplifted my day! :)



***I've been trying to upload a video for two days, and I'm trying it again right now. I'll get it on as soon as the website will cooperate.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is soooo sweet! What a pure heart!