Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Sad, Sad Day

Today is my very last day to spend every moment of every day with my sweet little boy. That's right...my maternity leave is over! In some ways, it seems like it has flown by, but in other ways, it seems like FOREVER ago that I left school on Feb. 13 to go to my routine doctor's appointment. Things sure have changed since that crazy appointment!

LUCKILY...Lonnie will be staying home the next 2 weeks (thank you Walmart for paid paternity leave!!!), so that softens the blow quite a bit. I won't worry at all about Ethan- he will be well taken care of, loved, and kept on schedule!!!!! (a side note...Ethan has done SO well with his schedule. He works like clockwork these days: 7:00 - eat, 7:45 - play, 8:30 - nap, then repeat every 3 hours. It is wonderful!!!!!) But even though I am leaving Ethan with Lonnie all day, it's still going to be hard. And that's just the leaving Ethan part. I don't even want to think about the fact that I'm leaving him TO GO TO WORK (23 seven year olds to impart wisdom on for 7 hours a day). It'll be hard...

So, pray for me tomorrow! (And for Lonnie, who is still sick and will be at home all day taking care of our sweet little boy)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

awwww... we'll be praying...It will make it easier to leave Ethan with Lonnie initially...Your 23 seven year olds are VERY VERY blesed to have a teacher as dedicated as you!!!!! Let us know how tomorrow goes!!!!!

Margaret said...

Wow, you're fast!!!!

We'll see how lucky they are tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have more patience with them tomorrow then I did when I left. I was definitely running low on patience the last few weeks before I had Ethan.

Nicole said...

haha.. and no preggo waddle or preggo hormones or swollen ankles...yeah, I think tomorrow is already off to a good start!

GOOD LUCK!