Monday, July 14, 2008

Five Months Old!!!

I'm NOT going to start this post by saying how time flies (but it does!). We've had SOOOO much fun this month, mostly because I got to enjoy him 24/7. Have I mentioned I love summer?

Here are Ethan's stats:
Weight - 18.2 pounds (on our home scale, of course)
Height - 27 1/2 inches

What Ethan's been up to this month:
  • TOES, TOES, TOES!!!! The boy loves his toes! Grabbing, playing with, and especially eating them.
  • He is so strong - he stands up with just us holding onto his hands. We're convinced that he'll skip crawling and go straight to walking.
  • He eats 8 oz. every 4 1/2 hours (I'm going to start including this info mainly just for myself so I can remember)
  • Sleeping has NOT gone well this month. Right around 4 months he stopped sleeping through the night. He wakes up several times during the night, sometimes twice, sometimes ten (yikes!). 99% of the time he just wants his pacifier back in and he's right back asleep. But we're ready for this phase to be over!
  • Still drooling and gnawing on his fists all the live-long day (but still no teeth).
  • He's starting to wear 6-9 month clothes. I've had to pack away a lot of his 3-6 month stuff mainly because he's too long for them.

Here's Ethan at one day:

And now at five months: (notice Lonnie is holding onto his feet because he would NOT get his feet out of his mouth long enough to take a picture!)


This is what all the other pictures looked like:

And now our impromptu photo shoot. We let him play with the football, and he really enjoyed it! Definitely a future football star. I know this is way too many pictures, but I couldn't decide which ones to cut out!







Next stop...

HALF A YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

Laura Carson said...

Gavin went through the stage of waking up for his paci multiple times a night. It helps when they learn to put their paci back in themselves. I would put Gavin to bed with 3 pacis so he could find one easily and put it back in.

Oh and I can't believe Ethan's weight! He and Gavin weigh the same!