Monday, February 18, 2008

Bathing and other miscellaneous

Meeting Great Grandpa Lamp for the first time.
And Great Grandma Judy

Ethan found his thumb! He doesn't suck on it very often, but he looks so cute when he does!

Okay, I love this picture. Shad (Lonnie's brother) is convinced that he is everyone's favorite (favorite uncle, favorite son, etc.). Here is the proof...Shad, you are NOT Ethan's favorite! just kidding, Shad...

Sleeping in his crib like a big boy.

Getting his first bottle from Daddy. Lonnie did a great job!
I love watching babies get burped. They look so content!
Just chillin' with Dad.
We decided this is how we'll measure Ethan each month. (We're not at ALL trying to train him to be a football player!)
We're a family of three now!
I've been too nervous to wash Ethan's hair, so when Rachel was here this afternoon, we took advantage of her! She did it and let me watch and take pictures. He LOVES having his head under the water, but doesn't like the actual washing part.





Thanks, Aunt Rachel!!!

We learned very quickly that we need to comb his hair RIGHT after he's done with his bath, or we get crazy hair, like this.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no, I am diggin' the crazy hair! :)

Ethan is adorable - nice work Margaret!

Nicole said...

The hair really is something cute... It brings back such wonderful memories of bringing Parker home... I am definitely getting the baby bug.Your blog is dangerous according to Trev:) keep posting pics... Ethan is awesome!

Margaret said...

Don't worry...I think I can fix that. My next post needs to show pictures of the 3am feedings, the screaming for no apparent reason, the painful nursing sessions, the poopy diapers, and so on.

Will that help? ;)

Nicole said...

haha... you easily forget all that at some point. I know it's hard to believe but you do. The other thing is that while Parker had all those first born newborn issues, Lillie was a breeze. She ate beautifully, slept all the time was so so so laid back...It's easy to want one of those:)
It will get easier... hang in there! It takes awhile to get a routine and schedule going... You look like you are doing great and you have a wonderful hubby who wants to help(that is key!) It makes life with a baby easier...(not easy)

Love you and miss you! You really shouldn't be reading this by the way... you should be sleeping:)

Crystal_King said...

Margaret, he's SO cute! That hair! My goodness, he's the cutest thing ever! I love all the pictures! It's so amazing and I'm so happy he's finally here! You look like you're having so much fun! And you look SO GREAT already!!! Ethan is so tan looking too! I'm still amazed that he was inside of you! You'd think that would sink in to me by now, but it's so crazy!

I got your message last night but I had to work late and then went straight to our childbirth class. If you see this today, I'll still call before hand, but I'm planning to stop by after work if that's still okay? I should get off of work today around 4:00 or so. I can't wait to hear all the details on how everything went and how things are going now!! You've gotta give me the scoop!

I know you have your hands full but I'm so happy to see the pictures. Ethan is so perfect and I can't wait to hold him! :) See you tonight!

Tiffany said...

Once again...great pics. His hair is awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying this special time with Ethan and the rest of your family, too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on such a sweet baby boy! He definitely looks like his dad, and even though he's a big boy, he looks so tiny and sweet. Uh... not that his dad looks tiny and sweet... not that his dad isn't sweet, but... I think you know what I mean. :) Love the hair! Thanks for including so many pictures with Ethan and family. Makes me feel like I'm there instead of here in Virginia. Love, GREAT-aunt Debra. (Give my dad a hug from me next time you see him, ok?)

Ashlee said...

Hi Margaret! I recently found your blog somehow (I think through Tiffany's blog) and I just wanted to tell you that your new little boy is so incredibly cute!! I love his dark hair. Glad to see everything is going so well for you. Congratulations!
-Ashlee (Johnson) Beauchamp