Sunday, February 10, 2008

Something's missing...

I've been working on the nursery for a LONG time, and I can finally declare it 99% finished. There's just one little thing missing...

A sweet little baby named Ethan!!!

If you remember awhile ago, I was having a VERY hard time decorating it, and couldn't stand even going in that room. Well, it's finally come together and I LOVE it!!! I love going in his room and just sitting in the glider. It's so peaceful.

Here are some pictures, but the pictures just don't do it justice. It's so beautiful!


Here's a closeup of the shadow boxes Rachel made for us. Of course, they just need some pictures of us holding our sweet baby boy!





Okay, this was one of my best purchases. I looked long and hard for a diaper bag, but couldn't ever find one I liked at any regular store (Walmart, Target, etc.). So I searched online and found a lady that makes custom diaper bags, and ordered this one. Isn't it cute???

****And in case you're wondering after my last post, no progress. I thought for sure I would have had Ethan by now, but no such luck. I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow. I got it in my head that Friday was probably my last day, and now that it's Sunday night and no baby, reality is setting in. It's rather discouraging. So everyone pray that I'll wake up in the middle of the night with some serious contractions!!!!!! :)

10 comments:

Nicole said...

GREAT post! LOVE LOVE LOVE the nursery!!!! Everything look sooo nice. Can't wait to see pics of Ethan in their hanging out (and hopefully doing a lot of sleeping)...

We're praying contractions come soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I found myself checking your blog every few hours all weekend in the hopes that maybe there was some labor activity... Next weekend for sure:)

Margaret said...

That's funny...you're stalking my blog.

I wish I had some news to report. There's still 10 more hours before school tomorrow - a girl can hope!!!

Nicole said...

haha.. I have never been called a blog stalker but I guess... in essence that is what I am (here I am 8:30am seeing if maybe by chance you didn't have to go to work today...)

Grubb Family said...

Love the nursery with the letters hanging. I can't believe I haven't seen it in person yet! The diaper bag is super cute too! Love it!!!!!

Nicole said...

just doing my hourly check...hope you are doing well and contracting!

Crystal_King said...

YEA~!! I LOVE the nursery! It's perfect! I'm so happy it's everything you imagined! I love the pictures and everything just goes so perfectly together!!! We still have a few bits and pieces to finish up but we're close. I was hoping to get a call from you this weekend telling me you're in the hospital!! We just got back from Little Rock and we finally got to meet Gavin for the first time. OH MY GOODNESS, he's SOOO cute! I think he looks just like Levi. Seeing Levi with a baby is the cutest thing. They're really good parents and Gavin is so sweet and cuddly! Seeing him makes me even more excited for you and I to finally have our baby boys home!!

Well hang in there Margaret! I hope there's progress soon for you! You have another appt. on Wednesday right? Can't wait to see what they say!!! Good luck! You still have my phone number right? I can't wait to see Ethan!

Crystal_King said...

I meant to ask you, where did you get your lamp at? I've been looking every where for just a smaller more simple lamp and can't seem to find one!

Thanks!

Nicole said...

Which Lamp? The one in the nursery or the one she's married too??? Just kidding. Sorry. I'm sure the lamp jokes get old:)

Are you in labor yet?!?!?!?!?!?! Go jog a few miles on the treadmil. I ran 3 miles the morning I went into labor with Lillie... it could work for you too.

Margaret said...

Crystal - I got the lamp from Target. I had a hard time finding one, too. All I wanted was a plain white lamp. You wouldn't think it'd be that hard to come by.

Oh, and Nicole - the OTHER Lamp was a God-thing, that's for sure!!! I looked long and hard for that one, too. (everyone needs a little corny in their day.)

Well, no progress, but I am nesting like CRAZY!!!!! I cleaned like a madwoman at school this morning, and now that I'm home, I can't wait to get off the computer to go do laundry, clean, and cook a great dinner. Those words have NEVER come out of my mouth before.

Maybe we'll have a baby tonight...

Tiffany said...

Margaret,
The nursery looks great! I hope and pray that you're going to have a sweet little bundle of joy to put in there soon! Be sure and update the blog when you go into labor...if you have time!